- A baboon (Papio hamadryas) of north Africa and Arabia, the adult male that has actually much mane. Also called sacred baboon.
- a big baboon, Papio hamadryas, from northern Africa and Arabia, that has been sacred in old Egypt
- The sacred baboon of Egypt (Cynocephalus Hamadryas).
- A genus of lepidopterous pests.
- A genus of venomous serpents, of family members Elapidæ. See Ophiophagus.
- A genus of mollusks.
- [lowercase] the particular title of a baboon, Cynocephalus hamadryas.
Sentence for "hamadryas"
- In these reports, the baboons were…