- A plant modified to residing in a saline environment.
- Any plant that tolerates an environment having increased salt content
- A plant found developing in salt marshes, or perhaps in the sea.
- The saltwort, a plant, like those associated with the genera Salicornia, Salsola, and Suæda, inhabiting sodium marshes and sea-coasts. The ash after burning contains barilla and other salts.
- In phytogeography, a plant adapted toward absorption of common salt or any other salts and restricted to or preferring a salty substratum, because the ocean or even the sea-shore.
- plant developing normally in really salty earth
Sentence for "halophyte"
- Different soil compositions and geomorphic factors…
Hypernym for "halophyte"