- an individual who makes exceptionally, possibly exceptionally, good differences (that would split some thing as fine as a hair into two pieces and distinguish all of them).
- a person who tends to make exceedingly fine or unnecessary distinctions in reasoning; a person who quibbles.
- One provided to hair-splitting or making sophistical differences in thinking.
- a disputant just who tends to make unreasonably good distinctions
- Definition for "hairsplitter"
- an individual who makes exceptionally, possibly exceptionally, good…
- View More
- Sentence for "hairsplitter"
- Hypernym for "hairsplitter"