- A grass with extremely thin leaves or branches; as the Agrostis scabra, and several species of Aira or Deschampsia.
- one of the species of grass bearing small plants on slim, hair-like branches, especially Deschampsia (Aira) cæspitosa, D.
- (A.) flexuosa, and Agrostis scabra.
- fine-leaved aquatic spike-rush; well-known as aerator for aquariums
- A grass with extremely thin leaves or limbs; given that Agrostis scabra, and many types of Aira or Deschampsia.
Hypernym for "hair grass"
Cross Reference for "hair grass"