- a tiny orifice in an inside wall of a church, allowing those who work in the transept to view the primary altar.
- A small opening in an inside wall surface of a church, allowing those who work in the transept to see the high altar; occasionally known as a squint
- An opening made in the inner wall space of a cruciform church to cover a view associated with the altar to those in the transepts; -- labeled as, in architecture, a squint.
- In medieval structure, an opening in a wall, display screen, or barrier of a church, to cover a view of this main altar to worshipers within the chapels or part aisles; a squint. See squint.
- Definition for "hagioscope"
- a tiny orifice in an inside wall of…
- View More
- Sentence for "hagioscope"