- certainly one of a group of plectognath fishes (Gymnodontes), obtaining the teeth and jaws consolidated into some bony dishes on each jaw.
- among a group of plectognath fishes (Gymnodontes), having the teeth and jaws consolidated into several bony dishes, for each jaw, while the diodonts and tetradonts. See bur fish, globefish, diodon.
- A gymnodont fish; the Gymnodontidæ.
- Having naked teeth; specifically, pertaining to or having the characters of the Gymnodontidæ.
- Definition for "gymnodont"
- certainly one of a group of plectognath fishes…
- View More
- Variant for "gymnodont"