- a war vessel appointed to superintend the marine affairs in a harbor, and also, within the English service, for seamen till they can be distributed among their respective boats.
- Care; security.
- Care; protection.
- A vessel of war appointed to guard a harbor or even superintend marine matters inside it, and sometimes to get naval offenders and seamen perhaps not assigned to duty on other vessels.
- the vessels of a squadron obtaining the duty, amongst others, of boarding any arriving vessels.
- a warship (at anchor or under method) required to maintain a higher level of readiness than the others with its squadron
- Definition for "guardship"
- Sentence for "guardship"
- Synonym for "guardship"
- Hypernym for "guardship"
- Same Context for "guardship"