- any one of a number of burrowing or terrestrial squirrels for the genus Citellus or Spermophilus, including many types that hibernate during the winter.
- any one of various squirrel-like borrowing from the bank rodents.
- Any types of the African genus Xerus, allied to Tamias.
- A terrestrial squirrel-like rodent, among the genera Spermophilus and Tamias: specifically applied in the United States to species of the latter genus, as Tamias striatus, the hackee or chipmunk.
- An African squirrel regarding the genus Xerus. Sclater.
- any one of various terrestrial burrowing rodents of Old and New Worlds; frequently destroy crops
- little striped semiterrestrial eastern United states squirrel with cheek pockets
Sentence for "ground squirrel"
Hypernym for "ground squirrel"
Same Context for "ground squirrel"
Urban Dictionary for "ground squirrel"