- A sand or sediment having a dark greenish shade caused by the clear presence of glauconite.
- A greenish sandstone containing glauconite
- multiple sandstone, often imperfectly consolidated, consisting largely of glauconite, a silicate of iron and potash of a green shade, blended with sand and a trace of phosphate of lime.
- A sandstone containing grains of glauconite, which impart to it a greenish hue.
- In geological category, among particular subdivisions of Cretaceous system.
- an olive-green sandstone containing glauconite
- molding sand useful for a mold while a little wet, and never dried ahead of the cast is manufactured.
Sentence for "greensand"
Hypernym for "greensand"
Cross Reference for "greensand"
Same Context for "greensand"