- Law The section of a charge or an accusation that weighs in at many substantially against the accused.
- The grievance reported of; the significant cause of the action; also, in general, the bottom or essence of a complaint.
- The grievance reported of; the considerable reason behind the action; also, as a whole, the bottom or essence of a complaint. Bouvier.
- the duty or chief weight; that part of an accusation which weighs most heavily against the accused; the substantial reason behind an action at law; floor or burden of complaint generally speaking.
- inside Ch. of Eng., a representation by the lower home of Convocation towards upper of a current grievance, disorder, or trouble influencing the chapel.
- Definition for "gravamen"
- Sentence for "gravamen"
- An open pocketbook will easily secure…
- View More
- Phrases for "gravamen"