- any one of a number of greenish nonvenomous snakes, specially Opheodrys vernalis of east the united states or Natrix natrix of Europe.
- A nonvenomous snake, Natrix natrix, indigenous to European countries, with a yellow collar.
- A greenish nonvenomous serpent, Opheodrys vernalis, of united states.
- The common green serpent of Northern united states of america. See Green snake, under Green.
- just like ringed snake (which see, under snake).
- in the us, the green-snake.
- some of numerous nonvenomous longitudinally-striped viviparous North American and Central American snakes
- safe European serpent with a bright yellowish collar; typical in England
- either of two us chiefly insectivorous snakes being green in shade