- A fine-grained metamorphic rock frequently banded to look at and composed chiefly of feldspar, quartz, and garnet.
- A fine-grained metamorphic stone composed chiefly of feldspar, quartz, and garnets
- A whitish, granular stone, comprising feldspar and quartz intimately blended; -- sometimes called whitestone, and leptynite.
- A rock frequently having a parallel or foliated structure like that of gneiss, and consisting primarily of quartz and feldspar, and red garnets, that are usually of really diminutive dimensions.
Sentence for "granulite"
- Kaniapiskau Plateau forms the core of…
Variant for "granulite"