- Archaic A male ancestor; a forefather.
- Archaic An old guy.
- particularly, a grandfather; even more generally, any ancestor.
- A grandfather: employed for both men and pets, and today especially in the pedigrees of ponies.
- By extension, any lineal male ancestor preceding a father.
- In change-ringing: among types of ringing the modifications on a peal of bells: supposed to be of very early origin.
- See double, n., .
Definition for "grandsire"
Sentence for "grandsire"
Same Context for "grandsire"