- An order of birds which previously included most of the waders. By later writers most commonly it is limited to the sandpipers, plovers, and allied types; -- called also Grallatores.
- The 4th Linnean order of birds; the waders, including kinds today dispersed in many orders.
- In Merrem's category, the more expensive and mainly altricial grallatorial wild birds, such herons, ibises, storks, and spoonbills, and also præcocial kinds, such as the cranes.
- An ordinal or other group of wading wild birds, variously limited.
Definition for "grallæ"
- An order of birds which previously included most…
Variant for "grallæ"