- A series of actions from a cloister into a church.
- a number of steps from a cloister into a church.
- In eccles. arch., a series of actions from the cloisters into the church.
- Proceeding step-by-step, or by gradations; steady.
- Suitable for walking; -- said of the limbs of an animal when adapted for walking on land.
- taking place by degrees
- Proceeding step-by-step; gradual.
- Suitable or adapted for development or forward motion: an epithet previously applied to the extremities of a quadruped which arc equal or nearly so, and modified for ordinary progression on dry land.
Synonym for "gradatory"
Equivalent for "gradatory"