- A musical note, specially an appoggiatura, that's added as an embellishment, and is printed in small-type and never counted in rhythm.
- A musical note printed in smaller print, with or without a slash through it, to point that its note worth will not count as part of the total time worth of the measure.
- Concerns of secondary value to that particular that will be of primary concern.
- an appoggiatura. See Appoggiatura, and def. 11 above.
- In music, a grace; particularly, an appoggiatura. See grace, 6.
- an embellishing note often written in smaller size
Hypernym for "grace note"
Cross Reference for "grace note"