- person who wears a distinctive gown as a mark of career or company.
- One whoever professional practice is a gown, including a divine, a lawyer, or a member of particular English universities.
- A civilian, in difference from a soldier.
- One whoever professional practice is a gown, as a divine or attorney, and especially a part of an English institution; for this reason, a civilian, in distinction from a soldier.
- One whoever expert habit is a gown, as an attorney, or a professor or student of a university, particularly the last.
- One devoted to the arts of comfort, in distinction from a soldier; a citizen.
Sentence for "gownsman"
- The gownsman and financier would find…
Synonym for "gownsman"
Equivalent for "gownsman"
Same Context for "gownsman"