- a form of somewhat raised landscape, with sandy and gravelly soils, that occurs into the flatlands of Northern Germany, the Northern Netherlands and Denmark.
- Alluvial matter at first glance of land, maybe not of current source.
- In northern Germany, large, dry, and sandy or gravelly land: opposed to marschland.
- in a variety of older geological treatises published in The united kingdomt and US, diluvium, coarse drift, or gravel.
Sentence for "geest"
- The slight elevations of sandy "geest"…
Urban Dictionary for "geest"