- A kind of hard, old formal French dance in quadruple time.
- songs composed in quadruple time for moving the gavotte, having a dance tune which has two brisk and vibrant, yet dignified, strains in common time, each played twice more than.
- a-dance of French source, notably resembling the minuet, remarkable for the combination of vivacity and dignity.
- songs for these types of a-dance, or perhaps in its rhythm, that is duple and fast. Gavots are frequent in conventional suites, and have recently come once again into benefit.
Definition for "gavot"
- A kind of hard, old formal French dance…
Sentence for "gavot"
Equivalent for "gavot"