- some of numerous seals or packings used between matched machine parts or about pipe joints to prevent the escape of a gas or substance.
- Nautical A cord or canvas band familiar with secure a furled sail to a yard growth or gaff.
- Any mechanical seal that serves to fill the room between two objects, usually to stop leakage between your two items while under compression.
- A material which may be clamped between faces and acts as a static seal. Gaskets are cut, created, or molded toward desired configuration. - ASTM
- any one of numerous seals or packings utilized between matched machine components or just around pipeline joints to avoid the escape of a gas or liquid. - US Heritage Dictionary
- A line or band familiar with lash a furled sail securely. Water gaskets are typical outlines; harbor gaskets are plaited and embellished outlines or rings. Called also casket.
- The plaited hemp useful for packing a piston, by the steam engine and its particular pumps.
- Any ring or washer of made of a compressible material, familiar with make bones impermeable to fluids.
- Nautical, one of the rings of sennit or canvas, or tiny outlines, always bind the sails toward yards, gaffs, or masts whenever furled. Also known as casket.
- In equipment, a strip of leather, tow, plaited hemp, or comparable product, employed for packing a piston, at the time of the steam-engine and its pumps.
- seal consisting of a ring for packaging pistons or closing a pipe joint
- To fasten with gaskets, as a sail to a yard.
- Definition for "gasket"
- some of numerous seals or packings used between…
- View More
- Sentence for "gasket"
- The hexagonal gasket is composed of…
- View More
- Verb Forms for "gasket"
- Rhyme for "gasket"
- Hyponym for "gasket"
- Hypernym for "gasket"
- Cross Reference for "gasket"
- Same Context for "gasket"
- Variant for "gasket"
- Urban Dictionary for "gasket"