- An illustration that faces or instantly precedes the title page of a book, guide area, or magazine.
- Architecture A façade, specifically an ornamental façade.
- Architecture A small decorative pediment, as along with a door or window.
- Archaic A title page.
- An illustration this is certainly regarding page before the title-page of a book, a section of 1, or a magazine.
- The title page of a novel.
- A façade, specially an ornamental one.
- A small pediment of which is ornamental, specially on the top of a window or home.
- The principal front of a building.
- An ornamental figure or illustration fronting the very first web page, or titlepage, of a novel; previously, the titlepage itself.
- That which is seen right in front, or which directly presents itself toward attention.
- A print or engraving placed in front regarding the name of a book.
- forward example facing the title page of a book
- an ornamental facade
- To furnish with a frontispiece.
- to utilize as a frontispiece: since, to frontispiece a map.
Sentence for "frontispiece"
- Blair's The Grave, "The Reunion of…
Hypernym for "frontispiece"
Same Context for "frontispiece"