- any one of various brown or grey nocturnal wild birds of family members Podargidae of southeast Asia and Australia, having a broad mouth and a hooked bill.
- any one of a number of nocturnal, insectivorous birds, of family members Podargidae, native to Australian Continent and southern Asia
- one of the types of Asiatic and East Indian wild birds associated with the genus Batrachostomus (household Podargidæ); -- so called from their extremely broad, level expenses.
- Any bird of family members Podargidæ, specifically regarding the genus Batrachostomus.
- insectivorous bird of Australia and southeastern Asia having a wide frog-like mouth
Sentence for "frogmouth"
- Scruffy and fluffy, these tawny frogmouth…
Hypernym for "frogmouth"