- A mechanical clutch that transmits torque through surface rubbing between the faces associated with the clutch.
- A toothed clutch, one member of which, as opposed to being made fast on its shaft, is held by rubbing and may change, by slipping, under exorbitant strain or in starting.
- In equipment, a kind of friction-coupling.
- a clutch which one part converts one other by the rubbing among them
Definition for "friction clutch"
- A mechanical clutch that transmits torque through surface…
Hyponym for "friction clutch"
Hypernym for "friction clutch"