- A saw composed of a metal frame having a fine-toothed narrow knife held under tension; used in making curved slices
- a saw with an extended, narrow knife, found in cutting frets, scrolls, etc.; a scroll saw; a keyhole saw; a compass saw.
- A narrow-bladed fine-toothed saw for cutting curved outlines.
- A compass-or keyhole-saw with an extended and slender blade and good teeth.
- A reciprocating scroll-saw installed on a table and run by a treadle. See scrollsaw.
- fine-toothed power-saw with a narrow knife; always reduce curved outlines
Sentence for "fretsaw"
- Ptolemy Alexander Helios and Cleopatra Selene…
Synonym for "fretsaw"
Hypernym for "fretsaw"