- a rapid overflow of a stream caused by much rainfall or a thaw.
- A stream of fresh water that empties into a body of salt liquid.
- A flood resulting from hefty rain or a spring thaw.
- a little stream, specifically one streaming in to the water.
- A stream of fresh water.
- A flood or overflowing of a stream brought on by hefty rains or melted snowfall; a sudden inundation.
- a little blast of fresh-water; a brook.
- A flood or overflowing of a river, by explanation of hefty rains or melted snow; an inundation, particularly certainly one of a comparatively moderate extent: just like fresh, n., 1.
- the incident of a water movement caused by unexpected rain or melting snow
Sentence for "freshet"
Synonym for "freshet"
Hypernym for "freshet"
Same Context for "freshet"