- Expressing or designating repeated action.
- Serving to state repetition of an action.
- Serving to state the frequent repetition of an action.
- A frequentative verb or verb kind.
- Refers to a subclass of imperfective verbs that denote a repeated activity, no longer productive in English, but present e.g. Finnish, Latin, Russian, and Turkish.
- A verb which denotes the regular occurrence or repetition of an action, as dictito (Latin) from dicto, vāvadīti (Sanskrit) from vadati, waggle from wag.
- Abbreviated freq.
- a verb type that acts to convey frequent repetition of an action
- In sentence structure, providing to express the repetition of an action: as, dictito is a frequentative verb.
Sentence for "frequentative"
- "frequentative" of WAG, thus meaning `…
Synonym for "frequentative"
Hypernym for "frequentative"