- The heat of which a liquid of specified composition solidifies under a specified force.
- The heat at which the liquid and solid stages of a substance of specified composition come in balance at atmospheric pressure.
- the heat where a liquid freezes, additionally the solid and liquid levels are in equilibrium; normally just like the melting point
- The heat at which a liquid freezes; loosely, the heat where ice melts away.
- the temperature below which a liquid can become a good
- that level of a thermometer from which a fluid starts to freeze; -- used especially to liquid, whose freezing point is at 32° Fahr., as well as 0° Centigrade.
Hypernym for "freezing point"
Cross Reference for "freezing point"
Etymologically Related for "freezing point"
Same Context for "freezing point"