- Prohibiting slavery: free-soil says.
- Opposing the expansion of slavery before the U.S. Civil War.
- Of or being a U.S. political party established in 1848 to oppose the extension of slavery into U.S. territories as well as the entry of slave states into the Union.
- Pertaining to, or advocating, the non-extension of slavery; -- esp. placed on an event which was energetic during the period 1846-1856.
- regarding territory in which slavery was restricted.
- where slavery ended up being forbidden
- and only free soil or territory—that is, in opposition to slavery.
Sentence for "free-soil"
- All of the organized territories were…
Synonym for "free-soil"
Equivalent for "free-soil"
Same Context for "free-soil"