Definition for "flying machine"
- a device designed for journey, particularly an early…
Same Context for "flying machine"
- a device designed for journey, particularly an early on experimental variety of plane.
- aircraft (through the start of trip)
- A contrivance built to allow its individual to fly.
- a device made to float in and propel itself through the atmosphere.
- Remarkably successful results have been attained both with dirigible balloons and with “heavier-than-air” machines. See air-ship, and aëroplane.
- a torch attached with an extended staff and employed for signaling during the night.