- a terrestrial evergreen shrub or little tree (Nuytsia floribunda) of western Australian Continent having brilliant yellow-orange blossoms; parasitic on origins of grasses.
- In botany: Same as flame-tree, 1.
- In New Zealand, the Metrosideros tomentosa, a big myrtaceous tree with brilliant blossoms.
- a terrestrial evergreen shrub or little tree of western Australia having brilliant yellow-orange plants; parasitic on roots of grasses
Sentence for "fire-tree"
- The fire-tree is deciduous, and loses…
Synonym for "fire-tree"
Hypernym for "fire-tree"