- the usage of nonstandard spellings, such enuff for adequate or wuz for was, to indicate that presenter is uneducated or making use of colloquial, dialectal, or nonstandard speech.
- The deliberate usage of nonstandard spellings to point the speaker utilizes a nonstandard or dialectal address, although the spelling is pronounced the same way as initial word.
- this good sense?) (uncountable) The written representations of dialect message where terms are spelled in a fashion which shows a non-standard pronunciation.
- A set of these types of nonstandard spellings, collectively familiar with reflect a certain as a type of message.
- making use of misspellings to recognize a colloquial or uneducated speaker
- the usage nonstandard spellings, like enuff for enough or wuz for was, to indicate the presenter is uneducated or utilizing colloquial, dialectal, or nonstandard speech.
- The deliberate utilization of nonstandard spellings to point your speaker makes use of a nonstandard or dialectal message, even though the spelling is pronounced exactly the same way since the initial term.
- this feeling?) (uncountable) The written representations of dialect speech by which words are spelled in a way which indicates a non-standard pronunciation.
- A set of such nonstandard spellings, collectively always mirror a certain as a type of message.
- the application of misspellings to spot a colloquial or uneducated presenter
Definition for "eye dialect"
- the usage of nonstandard spellings, such enuff for…
- View More
Hypernym for "eye dialect"
- View More