- Biology the usage of a structure or function for a function besides that for which it had been developed through all-natural choice.
- the employment of a biological structure or function for an intention besides that which is why it in the beginning evolved.
- Biology the usage of a structure or feature for a function apart from that for which it was developed through normal selection.
- using a biological framework or purpose for an intention besides that which is why it initially evolved.
Sentence for "exaptation"
- This process, known as exaptation, is…