- Used besides as an idiom: see previously, so.
- really, excessively
- in whatever degree; to whatever extent; -- accustomed intensify indefinitely this is associated with connected adjective or adverb. See Never therefore, under Never.
- (intensifier for adjectives) extremely
- Used except that as an idiom: see ever before, so.
- extremely, acutely
- in whatever degree; to whatever degree; -- always intensify indefinitely this is of associated adjective or adverb. See Never Ever therefore, under Never Ever.
- (intensifier for adjectives) very
Quotes for "ever so"
- "Though nature be ever so generous,…"