- The work of spending or passing the summer.
- Zoology a situation of dormancy or torpor during the summer.
- Botany The arrangement of rose components into the bud.
- alternate spelling of aestivation.
- The work of driving the summertime.
- particularly In zoology, the summer rest of specific animals, as mollusks; the act of falling into a more or less permanent problem of rest or dormant condition in summer.
- In botany, prefloration; the disposition associated with components of a flower when you look at the bud.
- (zoology) cessation or slowing of activity through the summertime; particularly slowing of k-calorie burning in some creatures during a hot or dried out period
- (botany) the arrangement of sepals and petals in a flower bud before it opens up
Sentence for "estivation"
- This is a state called estivation;…
Hypernym for "estivation"
Cross Reference for "estivation"