Definition for "espousal"
Sentence for "espousal"
Synonym for "espousal"
Hypernym for "espousal"
Cross Reference for "espousal"
Etymologically Related for "espousal"
Same Context for "espousal"
- a marriage service.
- Adoption of a thought or a cause.
- A betrothal.
- a marriage ceremony.
- use of an idea, cause, or concept.
- The work of espousing or betrothing; specially, inside plural, betrothal; plighting for the troths; a contract of relationship; sometimes, the marriage ceremony.
- The uniting or allying a person's self with such a thing; upkeep; adoption.
- The act of espousing or betrothing; formal agreement or event of wedding: frequently used in plural.
- Assumption regarding the protection or security of everything; advocacy; a taking upon one's self; adoption as by marriage.
- the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception
- archaic terms for a wedding or wedding feast
- the act of becoming betrothed or involved
- regarding the act of espousing or betrothing; marriage (used adjectively).