- a challenging, wiry lawn (Stipa tenacissima) of northern Africa, yielding a fiber utilized in making report and as cordage.
- A perennial North African lawn, Stipa tenacissima, useful for fibre manufacturing, and making paper.
- A species of Spanish grass (Macrochloa tenacissima), of which cordage, footwear, baskets, etc., are created. It's also utilized for making paper.
- A name provided to 2 or 3 types of grass, the Macrochloa (Stipa) tenacissima, M. arenaria, and Lygeum Spartum of botanists, and particularly into the very first, which can be abundant in north Africa.
Sentence for "esparto"
- Kingdom the conditions of its competition…