- The turning notched wheel periodically involved and disengaged by the anchor in an escapement.
- the wheel of an escapement.
- The rotating wheel in an escapement device that has notches that are occasionally engaged and disengaged because of the anchor.
- the past wheel in device in clock- and watch-work in which the effectiveness of spring or weight is circulated or allowed to escape, because of the catch and release of detent elements controlled because of the timed move associated with pendulum or the oscillation of the balance-wheel.
- gear that engages a rocking lever
Hypernym for "escape wheel"
- geared wheel
- View More