- One of a sect in 2d century whom abstained from marriage, wine, and animal meals; -- labeled as also Continent.
- In the early history of the chapel, specifically on the list of Gnostics, some of those ascetics which refrained from marriage and from use of flesh-meat and wine.
- certainly one of a sect in 2d century just who abstained from relationship, wine, and animal food; -- called in addition Continent.
- during the early history of the church, specially among the list of Gnostics, one particular ascetics who refrained from relationship and from the use of flesh-meat and wine.
- Definition for "encratite"
- Variant for "encratite"