- A coarse-grained greenish rock consisting primarily of garnet and sodic pyroxene, and frequently including quartz, kyanite, and rutile.
- A coarse-grained metamorphic stone, a combination of pyroxene, quartz, and feldspar with inclusions of purple garnet.
- A rock composed of granular red garnet, light-green smaragdite, and typical hornblende; -- so-called in reference to its beauty.
- The name given by Haüy to a rock consisting of a crystalline-granular aggregate of omphacite (a granular, grass-green variety of pyroxene) with red garnet.
- Definition for "eclogite"
- A coarse-grained greenish rock consisting primarily of garnet…
- View More
- Sentence for "eclogite"