- Bearing or covered with spines or bristles; prickly.
- prickly; bristly
- Set with prickles; prickly, like a hedgehog; bristled.
- Spiny, like a hedgehog; bristling with sharp points; bristly.
- To project at an acute angle to the axis of (a fiber), offering it a feathery or plumed look: stated of the spicules in axinellid variety of sponge skeleton.
- To project at an acute position towards axis of a fiber: stated for the spicules in a sponge skeleton.
Sentence for "echinate"
- Spikelets fascicled unilaterally on a broad…
Equivalent for "echinate"