- The passing of blood from ruptured blood vessels into subcutaneous structure, marked by a purple discoloration of the skin.
- A skin stain due to hemorrhaging underneath the skin; a bruise.
- The leaking of bloodstream in to the areas for the body as a result of a bruise.
- A livid or black-and-blue spot, generated by the extravasation or effusion of blood into the areolar muscle from a contusion.
- In medicine, a livid, black, or yellow spot produced by extravasated blood. In dermatology the word usually denotes an extravasation of greater extent than the small spots called petechiæ.
- the escape of bloodstream from ruptured blood vessels in to the surrounding tissue to make a purple or black-and-blue spot-on the skin
- the purple or black-and-blue location resulting from a bruise
Sentence for "ecchymosis"
Hypernym for "ecchymosis"
Same Context for "ecchymosis"
Variant for "ecchymosis"