- The way or point on the mariner's compass halfway between because of east and east-northeast, or 78°45ʹ eastern of due north.
- The compass point halfway between eastern and east-northeast, especially 78.75°.
- in accordance with the notation associated with the mariner's compass, that point which lies 111/4° into the north or south, respectively, of point due east.
- the compass point this is certainly one point north of due east
- Toward or from eastern by north.
Synonym for "east by north"
Hypernym for "east by north"