- An organic oil, such as for instance linseed oil, used as a binder in shows and varnishes. It dries into a difficult elastic layer when applied in a thin movie and exposed to environment.
- An oil that hardens to a difficult, solid film after a period of exposure to air.
- an oil that hardens in atmosphere because oxidation and it is usually utilized as a paint or varnish base
- an oil which, either obviously or after boiling with oxide of lead, absorbs oxygen from air and dries up rapidly. Drying oils are used given that basics of many shows and varnishes.
Definition for "drying oil"
- An organic oil, such as for instance linseed…
Hypernym for "drying oil"