- an approach of intaglio engraving which a hard steel needle can be used to incise outlines in a metal, often copper-plate, using the rough burr on edges of the incised lines frequently retained to create a velvety black colored tone in printing.
- An engraving or print made making use of this method.
- an acid-free etching created by direct cut into a metal or clear acrylic plate with an etching scribe.
- A steel tool or etching-needle with a-sharp point, utilized by etchers to cut fine outlines on copperplates from where the etching-ground has been eliminated.
- the entire process of engraving with the dry-point.
- a print created by dried out point engraving
- a steel needle for engraving without acid on a bare copper-plate
- The needle with which these types of an engraving is created.
- In engraving, an epithet put on a line created using the dry-point, or to an engraving created by means of that instrument.
Hypernym for "dry point"
- View More