- cash or home brought by a bride to the woman spouse at relationship. Also known as dower.
- A sum of money needed of a postulant at a convent.
- a normal endowment or present; a talent.
- Archaic See dower.
- Property or payment given by one spouse or his/her family to the other spouse or her/his family at time of marriage. (In some cultures, the dowry is given from wife to husband, in others vice versa.)
- A gift; endowment.
- the funds, products, or estate, which a female brings to the woman spouse in marriage; a bride's portion on the relationship. See Note under Dower.
- a present or presents for the bride, on espousal. See Dower.
- the amount of money, items, or estate which a lady brings to the woman spouse in marriage; the portion provided with a wife; dower. See dower and dot.
- Any present or reward because of marriage.
- That with what type is endowed; gift; endowment; possession.
- cash or home brought by a female to the woman spouse at wedding
- Definition for "dowry"
- Sentence for "dowry"
- Jenny shot back, realizing immediately that…
- View More
- Synonym for "dowry"
- Phrases for "dowry"
- Rhyme for "dowry"
- Hypernym for "dowry"
- Cross Reference for "dowry"
- Etymologically Related for "dowry"
- Same Context for "dowry"
- Variant for "dowry"
- Urban Dictionary for "dowry"
- whenever your gf's parents bribe you…
- View More