- A partial payment made during the time of acquisition, aided by the stability to be paid later.
- A payment representing a portion of the price tag on one thing becoming bought, designed to secure the ability to continue making payments towards that purchase.
- By expansion, any preliminary dedication signifying an intention to carry out a bigger future commitment, although no rights or responsibilities tend to be secured.
- a partial payment made during the time of purchase; the balance becoming paid later
Quotes for "down payment"
- "The time to save is now.…"