- a little black-and-white sea bird (Alle alle) of Arctic and north Atlantic oceans, having a quick bill and a stout human body. Also known as little auk.
- a little as well as white seabird, of the genus Alle, associated with north Atlantic; the little auk.
- A guillemot (Uria grylle), regarding the arctic areas. In addition applied to the tiny auk or sea dove. See under dove.
- The sea-dove or little auk, Mergulus alle or Alle nigricans, a tiny urinatorial or scuba diving bird of the household Alcidæ.
- little short-billed auk abundant in Arctic areas
Sentence for "dovekie"
- Atlantic puffin (Fratercula arctica), dovekie (little…
Hypernym for "dovekie"
Variant for "dovekie"