- an elaborately embellished leather-based flyleaf in a book
- the liner of a novel address, esp. one of uncommon type, at the time of tooled leather, painted vellum, wealthy brocade, or the like.
- The reflexed margin regarding the trilobite carapace.
- The ornamental liner regarding the inner covers of a sumptuous book. The easier styles are of silk, velvet, or brocade. Extremely embellished books have actually linings of slim fabric, with edges or centerpieces hand-tooled in gold. See cut on web page 392.
- In paleontology, the reflexed inferior margin of this carapace when you look at the Trilobita, specially obvious on the cephalon and pygidium.
Sentence for "doublure"
- But Watteau never signed or dated…
- View More