- A word or expression having a double definition, particularly when the next meaning is risqué.
- the employment of such a word or expression; ambiguity.
- alternate spelling of dual entendre.
- A word or appearance admitting of a double interpretation, among which is frequently obscure or indelicate.
- A word or term with two meanings, or admitting of two interpretations, one of that will be often obscure or indelicate.
- an ambiguity with one explanation that's indelicate
Sentence for "double-entendre"
- We notice the ambiguous response of…
Synonym for "double-entendre"
Hypernym for "double-entendre"