- A salt, such alum, that ionizes in solution as though it were two individual salts but kinds an individual material upon crystallization.
- a great option of two easy salts, usually in a certain proportion
- a salt regarded as formed because of the union of two distinct salts, as typical alum, potassium aluminium sulphate. See under dual.
- a remedy of two simple salts that forms just one material on crystallization
- A molecular combination of two distinct salts, as common alum, which comes with the sulphate of aluminum, and also the sulphate of potassium or ammonium.
Hyponym for "double salt"
Hypernym for "double salt"