- A salt, such alum, that ionizes in solution as though it were two individual salts but kinds an individual material upon crystallization.
- a great option of two easy salts, usually in a certain proportion
- a salt regarded as formed because of the union of two distinct salts, as typical alum, potassium aluminium sulphate. See under dual.
- a remedy of two simple salts that forms just one material on crystallization
- A molecular combination of two distinct salts, as common alum, which comes with the sulphate of aluminum, and also the sulphate of potassium or ammonium.
Definition for "double salt"
- A salt, such alum, that ionizes in solution…
Hyponym for "double salt"
Hypernym for "double salt"